Hematology is the study of blood in health and disease. This includes the study of problems with the red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, blood vessels, bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen and the proteins involved in bleeding and clotting (Hemostasis and Thrombosis).
- Blood group + Rhesus
- Coombs – Direct
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
- Foetal HB Quantitation
- GB Genotype – Qualitative
- HB Electrophoresis (Quantitative)
Histopathology refers to the microscopic examination of tissues in order to study the manifestations of diseases.
Histology is the study of tissues and organs through the examination of the microscopical architecture of tissues and the relationship between the different types found within tissues and organs. Diseases such as:inflammatory, benign abnormal growth, infections and cancer are diagnosed by this method.
Cytopathology is the study of cellular disease and the use of cellular changes for the diagnosis of disease. Cells related to the diseases are examined and analysed to diagnose medical conditions.
Cytogenetics is a branch of genetics that is concerned with the study of the structure and function of the cell, especially the chromosomes. It includes routine analysis of G-branded chromosomes, other cytogenetic banding techniques, as well as molecular cytogenetics such as fluorescent in situ hybridisation (FISH) and comparative genomic hybridisation (CGH).
Immunology is the study of all aspects of the immune system, including: its structure and function, disorders of the immune system, blood banking, immunisation, and organ transplantation. (Medical Definition of Immunology (medicinenet.com))
Microbiology encompasses numerous sub-disciplines including Virology, Mycology, Parasitology, and Bacteriology. It studies microscopic organisms such as: unicellular (single cell), multicellular (cell colony), or acellular (lacking cells).
Molecular biology underpins the process of replication, transcription and translation of the Genetic material. It chiefly concerns the interaction between the various systems of a cell, including the inter relationship of DNA, RNA and protein synthesis and the regulation of these interactions. This branch of our service screens for Paternity DNA, Viral load, Mycobacteria PCR, SARS COV-2 testing, Infectious, Non-infectious diseases and other PCR testing.
- Autoimmune studies
- Coagulation test (advanced)
- Cytology & cell blocks
- Diabetes studies
- Hormonal assays
- HIV diagnosis and monitoring
- Philadelphia BCR-ABL gene
- Nutritional studies
- Viral load test including: HBV, HCV & HIV viral load plus
- Paternity tests
- PCR molecular tests
- Flow cytometry
- Serological test
- Toxicology/ drug tests
- Tumor markers
- Resistance studies
- Fertility testing
- Glycometabolism testing
Lancet Cares Services
- Priority Service: provide patients with special needs, swift services these include babies, the aged and people at medical emergencies.
- Mobile App: Medical laboratory results are delivered to referral doctors on their mobile devices. This application allows doctors, access to their patient’ cumulative results effectively.
- Electronic Reports: Laboratory reports are delivered via email, thus saving time, and ensuring convenience for clients keeping their health records confidential.
PEDIATRIC (NEW-BORN SCREENING)
- Haemoglobinopathy: Thalassemia and Sickle-cell screening.
- Metabolic disorder screen: Liver Function Test, Renal Function Test, Lipid Profile, Fasting Blood Glucose, Phosphate, Calcium, Magnesium, etc.
- Endocrine disorder screen: Thyroid Function Test, Luteinizing Hormone, Estradiol, Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, etc.
- Down Syndrome Screen, 1'st Trimester: Free Beta HCG, PAPP A, Trisomy 18. 2'nd Trimester: Alpha Fetoprotein, Estradiol, Estriol, Trisomy 18, Trisomy 21, HCG.
- Food Allergies: Adult & Pediatric.
- Dairy products.
PREVENTIVE MEDICAL SCREENING
Online Booking Services